The Golden Web Award - International Association of Web Masters and Designers
So who is the IAWMD and how does the Golden Web Award work?
The IAWMD (International Association of Web Masters and Designers) comprise of around 100,000 members and affiliates from 137 countries. The membership comprises of people who are interested in promoting and maintaining an ethical and quality Internet. Members of the IAWMD must adhere to the following standards and code of ethics:
1. Members agree to comply with local, state, federal and international laws regarding fair trade and business practices.
2. Members agree to comply with all regulations prohibiting discrimination based solely on race, sex, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, or age.
3. Members agree to adhere to and respect the intellectual rights and property of others.
4. Members agree to provide websites free of pornography and/or sexual adult content.
5. Members agree to refrain from using and/or displaying unnecessary levels of violence.
6. Members agree that when providing a "pay for" service or product, to offer a reasonable satisfaction guarantee.
7. Members agree to exhibit the professionalism and integrity online.
8. Members agree to support a sense of community amongst other members.
9. Members agree to maintain a positive attitude and open mind when voting on websites for the Golden Web Award.
10. Members agree to refrain from the use of SPAM and/or UCE (unsolicited bulk e-mail).
One of the major external services provided by the IAWMD is the Golden Web Awards, which recognises excellence in web development. It is highly sought after and thousands of submissions are received each year.
|Taming the Beast has received the "Golden Web" award from the International Association of Web Masters and Designers for Content, Design and Originality for two years running!
Thanks to all our visitors who have supported Taming the Beast!
You don't need to be a member to apply for the Golden Web Award. Taming the Beast.net was submitted and reviewed at least a month before we decided upon membership.
Who are the Judges of the Golden Web Award?
All Golden Web Awards are provided through the International Association of Webmaster and Designer's. The Judges consist of our V.V.C. (Voluntary Voting Committee). This voting committee was designed to be comprised of I.A.W.M.D. members who volunteer their time to visit and score, the websites submitted for the award.
Requirements to Win:
The websites submitted are judged and scored in three primary categories:
Design, Content and Originality. Each category may receive a score of
Between 1 to 10. Up to three V.V.C. members may score a particular website.
The scores from each V.V.C. member are totaled (30 being a perfect score). These scores are than added together and averaged for a final score. A minimum score of 24 is required to win the award.
Winning the Golden Web Award could make a dramatic difference in your IT career by adding instant recognition and credibility to your professional standing.
If you would like to apply for the Golden Web Award please follow this link:
To learn more about the IAWMD, click here:
To learn more about Web site awards in general:
Tutorials, web content, tools and software.
Web Marketing, eCommerce & Development solutions.
NEW! - Looking
for freelance web/graphic design and development work? Click
here for a new service offered via Taming the Beast.net - Contracts include
full web sites, ecommerce solutions, ebook creation, shopping cart, Flash, logo
and banner design, database and other software applications programming, PHP,
HTML, XHTML, XML, XSL, SQL and Access coding tenders
Click here to view article index